Monday 11 May 2015

iEat @ Chwee Kueh, Singapore

Chwee Kueh is one of Singapore's famous local dishes. It is a type of steamed rice cake that is served with preserved radish. You can get this dish at most of the hawker centers in Singapore.


I went to the Chwee Kueh stall at Bedok food court. The food court is only three minutes walk from the Bedok MRT station.


I am not a big fan of Chwee Kueh but I have to say; I really like the Chwee Kueh here. The cake is topped with a generous amount of preserved radish. It has a very nice fragrance and slightly sweet taste. I wonder if pork lard has been used to fry the radish because it goes so well with the cake. The cake was smooth and soft. It is a bit greasy but I, simply, love it.


You should give it a try if you happen to be in Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment