Friday 10 June 2016

iEat @ Pyttipanna

I can't resist pouring away the bacon grease. Who can? I usually make Pyttipanna with the bacon grease that I had from the breakfast. It never failed me. The Pyttipanna always taste great with you cook it with bacon grease. 

Pyttipanna is a swedish dish. I learnt about this dish when I traveled to Stockholm a while back. I'm not a big fan of potato but I love this dish.

Ingredients :
- 4 diced potato
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 diced onions
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- a handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper

Method:
1. Heat the skillet and add int bacon grease. 
2. Stir in onion when the grease is hot.  Cook the onion until it become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add in carrot and potato. Stir fried it in with medium heat for 8-10 minutes. 
4. Pour in the broth and let it simmer for a bit until the potato and carrots is tender.
5. Taste and add seasoning. You can add a good pinch of pepper and salt.
6 Garnish with cilantro and serve.




Top with a fried egg for protein. This dish usually serves with beetroot pickles.


No comments:

Post a Comment